Australia vs England 2nd Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
2nd Match of ICC World Cup: Australia vs. England
- The second match of the ICC World Cup was played between Australia and England at Melbourne on 14th April. England chose to bowl first as the team won the toss.
- Australia scored 342 runs in 50 over with 9 wickets down. Aaron Flinch became the top scorer with a score of 135 runs in 128 balls with 12 fours and 3 sixes. This became his sixth ODI hundred, third against England in ODI, and first in the World Cups. This was his second-highest score for Australia in ODIs. He set more records as this was the fifth highest score against England by an Australian batsman in ODI, and the fifth-highest score by an Australian in the World Cups.
- Glan Maxwell scored 66 runs off 40 balls with 11 fours and had a strike rate of 165. George Bailey scored 55 runs off 69 balls with 3- fours, Brad Haddin scored 31 runs off 14 balls with 5- fours, Mitchell Marsh scored 23 runs and David Warner scored 22 runs.
- This was Australia’s 5th highest score in World Cups and highest total against England in ODI.
- Australia’s 5 wickets were picked up by Steven Finn for 71 runs in 10 over. With this, he became the fourth England player to pick a hat-trick ODI and the first English player to claim a hat-trick in World Cup.
- It became his second-best bowling figure for England in the ODI, seventh-best bowling figure by an England bowler against Australia in ODI, and best bowling figure by an English player in World Cups. Lastly, he became the third England bowler to claim 5- wickets in World Cups. Stuart Broad picked up 2 wickets, and Chris Woakes picked up 1
- England scored 231 runs for all out in 41.5 over. James Taylor became the top scorer with a score of 98 in 90 balls with 11- fours and 2- sixes. He maintained the strike rate of 108. 89. Chris Woakes scored 37 runs off 42 balls with 2 fours, and Ian Bell made 36 runs off 45 balls with 4- fours.
- Australia’s Mitchell Marsh picked up 5 wickets for 33 runs in 9 over. This was his best bowling performance for Australia in the ODI, seventh-best bowling figure by an Australian against England in the ODIs, and third-best bowling figure by an Australian player in World Cups. This became his career-best till the date. Mitchell Johnson and Mitchell Starc each picked up 1 wicket.
- Australia went victorious by 111 runs and this was their fourth-largest victory in terms of runs against England in an ODI match and it was their biggest victory against their opponent in the World Cups. For England, it was their second-worst defeat in terms of run margins.
- Aaron Flinch became the man of the match for scoring excellent 135 runs off 128 balls with 12- fours and 3- sixes. He had an excellent strike rate of 105. 47
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from SKY SPORTS