Bangladesh vs Afghanistan 7th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
7th Match of ICC World Cup 2015: Bangladesh vs. Afghanistan
- The 7th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Afghanistan and Bangladesh at Manuka Oval on the 18th of February. Bangladesh decided to bat first as they won the toss.
- Bangladesh scored 267 runs for all out in 50 overs. Mushfiqur Rahim became the top scorer as he scored 71 runs off 56 balls with 6- fours and 1- six. Likewise, Shakib Al Hasan scored 28 runs off 25 balls with 3- fours and 1- six, Mahumudullah scored 26 runs off 46 balls and Tamim Iqbal scored 19 runs 42 balls with 2 fours.
- The 114 run partnership between Mushfique Rahim and Shakib Al Hasan held the record for the highest fifth-wicket partnership Bangladesh for the country against Afghanistan in ODIs. The record was previously held between Nasir Hossain and Naeem Islam who scored a total of 73 runs at Fatullah. The 114 run partnership became their highest fifth-wicket partnership in the World Cups as well.
- Afghanistan’s Shapoor Zadran, Mirwais Ashraf, Aftab Alam, Hamid Hasa each took 2 wickets and Mohammad Nabi picked up 1 wicket.
- Afghanistan scored a total of 162 runs in 42.5 overs with all wickets down. Mohammad Nabi became the team’s top scorer as he scored 44 runs off 43 balls with 5- fours. Likewise, Samiullah Shinwari scored 42 runs off 75 balls with 2- fours included, Nawroz Mangal scored 27 runs off 57 balls with 1- four and Najibullah Zadran scored 17 runs.
- Bangladesh’s Mashrafe Mortaza picked up 3 wickets for only 20 runs in 9 overs, Shakib Al Hasan picked up 2 wickets for 43 runs in 8.5 overs, Taskin Ahmed picked up 1, Rubel Hossain picked 1 and Mahmudullah picked up 1 too.
- Since Afghanistan lost their last five wickets for only 26 runs, this became their sixth-worst last five-wicket collapse in ODIs and worst last 5 wicket collapse against Bangladesh in ODIs.
- With this, Afghanistan lost its debut match.
- The 105 run victory of Bangladesh was their seventh largest victory in terms of runs in ODIs and the biggest victory in the World Cups.
- Mushfiqur Rahim became the player of the match for scoring 71 runs off 56 balls with 6- fours and 1- six.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC