India vs Pakistan 4th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Fourth Match of ICC World Cup 2015: India vs. Pakistan
- The 4th match of ICC World Cup 2015 was played between Pakistan and India at Adelaide Oval on the 15th of February. India won the toss and decided to bat first.
- India scored 300 runs with 7 wickets down in 50 overs. Virat Kohli became the top scorer as he scored 107 off 126 balls with 8- fours. This was his 22nd ODI century, 2nd century against Pakistan in ODIs, and 2nd century in World Cups. He also set the record of being the first Indian player to score a century against Pakistan in the World Cup series. Likewise, he set a joint record of second-most centuries for India in ODIs along with Sourav Ganguly.
- Suresh Raina scored 74 runs off 56 balls with 5- fours and 3 sixes as he maintained the strike rate of 132. 14, Shikhar Dhawan scored 73 runs off 76 balls with 7- fours and 1- six included, MS Dhoni, scored 18 runs off 13 balls including 1-4 and 1-six, and Rohit Sharma scored 15 4 runs off 20 balls with 2- fours included.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli jointly scored 129 runs and set the record second-wicket partnership for India against Pakistan in World Cups. Likewise, Virat Kolhi and Suresh Raina’s 110 run partnership set the record third-wicket partnership for India against Pakistan in World Cups.
- Pakistan’s Sohail Khan picked massive 5 wickets for 55- runs in 10 overs. This was his best bowling figure for Pakistan in ODIs. Wahab Riaz picked up 1.
- Pakistan could not meet the target as they scored 224 runs for all out in 47 overs. Misbah-ul-Haq became the top scorer as he scored 76 runs off 84 balls including 9- fours and 1- six. Ahmed Shehzad scored 47 runs off 73 balls with 5- fours included, Haris Sohail scored 36 runs off 48 balls with 3- fours and Shahid Afridi scored 22 runs off with 1- four and 1- six included.
- India’s Mohammed Shami was successful in claiming 4- wickets for only 35 runs in 9 overs, Mohit Sharma picked up 2 wickets, Umesh Yadav picked up 2 wickets, Ravichandran Ashwin picked up 1 and Ravindra Jadeja picked up 1.
- Virat Kolhi became the Man of the Match for scoring a record-setting 107 runs off 126 balls with 8 boundaries.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC