New Zealand vs Sri Lanka 1st Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- First Match of ICC World Cup 2015: New Zealand vs. Sri Lanka
- New Zealand and Sri Lanka became the teams to start the ICC World Cup 2015 as the teams played on the 14th of February. Sri Lanka decided to bowl first as the team won the toss.
- New Zealand scored 331 runs in 50 over by losing 6 wickets. Corey Anderson became the top scorer as he scored 75. Likewise, Brendon McCullum scored 65 runs off 49 balls with 10 fours and 1 six and had the strike rate of 132.65, Kane Williamson scored 57 runs off 65 balls with 5- fours and 1 six included, Martin Guptill scored 49 off 62 balls, with 5- boundaries included. Luke Ronchi scored 29 runs off 19 balls with 4- fours and maintained the strike rate of 152. 63. Grant Elliot scored 29 runs off 34 balls with 2- fours included.
- Sri Lanka’s Jeevan Mendis took two wickets, Suranga Lakmal took 2, Rangana Herath took 1, and Nuwan Kulasekara picked up 1.
- Sri Lanka lost the match as they could only score 233 runs for all-out in 46.1 over. Lahiru Thirimanne scored 65 runs off 60 balls with 8- fours included, Angelo Mathews scored 46 runs off 52 balls, Kumar Sangakkara with 39 runs off 38 balls and Tillakaratne Dilshan with 24 runs off 41 balls.
- New Zealand got a 98 runs victory over Sri Lanka and this became their eighth-largest victory in terms of runs in World Cups. Likewise, the victory was their biggest victory again Sri Lanka in World Cups. The 331 run victory was New Zealand’s second-highest against their opponents in the One-day international, the highest total in the World Cups.
- New Zealand’s Corey Anderson, Daniel Vettori, Adam Milne, and Trent Boult each picked up 2 wickets.
- Corey Anderson became the man of the match as he showed all-rounder performance by scoring 75 runs off 46 balls and picked 2 wickets in excellent manners.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC