South Africa vs Zimbabwe 3rd ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Third Match of ICC World Cup 2015: South Africa vs. Zimbabwe
- The third match of ICC World Cup 2015 was played between South Africa and Zimbabwe on the 5th of February at Seddon Park, Hamilton. Zimbabwe decided to go with the bowling first as they won the toss.
- South Africa went from 83 runs with 4 wickets down to scoring a massive 339 runs in 50 overs keeping all their remaining wickets safe. David Miller scored 138 for not out for 92 bowls with 7- fours and 9- sixes. This was his 2nd ODI century, the first century against Zimbabwe in the ODIs, and the first World Cups. JP Duminy scored 115 run-not out for 100 balls with 9 fours and 3 sixes.
- This was his fourth ODI century, a third-century against Zimbabwe in ODIs, and his first hundred in World Cups. With this, David Miller and JP Duminy scored 256 runs with their fifth-wicket partnership. This became a record-setting partnership as they surpassed the record previously held by Eoin Morgan and Ravi Bopara.
- AB de Villers scored 25 runs for 36 balls and Faf du Plessis scored 24 runs 32 balls.
- Zimbabwe’s Elton Chigumbura, Tafadzwa Kamungozi, Tendai Chatara, and Tinashe Panyangara each took 1 wicket.
- Zimbabwe scored 277 runs for all out in 48.2 over. Hamilton Masakadza became the top scorer as he scored 80 runs off 74 balls with 8- fours and 2- sixes. He had a strike rate of 108.11. Likewise, Chamu Chibhabha scored 64 runs off 82 balls with 8- fours included, Brendan Taylor scored 40 runs off 40 balls with 4- fours and 1- six included and Solomon Mire made 27 runs off 25 balls with 2- sixes and 2- fours included.
- South Africa’s Imran Tahir picked up 3- wickets for 36 runs in 10 overs, Vernon Philander picked up 2, Morne picked up 2, JP Duminy picked up 1, and Dale Steyn picked up 1.
- David Miller became the player of the match as he scored his career-best unbeaten streak of 138 runs off 92 balls with 9- sixes and 7- fours.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC