West Indies vs Ireland 5th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
5th Match of ICC World Cup 2015: West Indies vs. Ireland
- The 5th match of ICC World Cup was played between West Indies and Ireland at Saxton Oval on 16th of February. Ireland decided to bowl first as they won the toss.
- West Indies went from scoring 87 for 5 wickets down to 307 for 7 wickets down in 50 overs. Lendl Simmons scored 102 for 84 balls with 9- fours and 5- sixes included and became the top scorer. He maintained the strike rate of 121. 43. Likewise, Darren Sammy scored 89 runs off 7 balls with 9- fours and 4- sixes included. Simmons and Sammy jointly scored 154 runs and set the record sixth-wicket partnership for West Indies in the ODIs.
- Chris Gayle scored 36 run off 65 balls with 3- fours and 1- six included. Andre Russell hammered 27 runs off 13 balls including 3- fours and 1- six, Marlon Samuels scored 21 runs off 41 balls including 1- four and 1- six and Dwayne Smith scored 18 runs off 24 balls with 3- fours included.
- Ireland’s George Dockrell successfully picked up 3- wickets, John Mooney picked up 1, Max Sorensen picked up 1, and Kevin O’ Brien picked 1 too.
- Ireland successfully made 307 runs in 45.5 overs with 6 wickets down. Paul Stirling became the top scorer as he scored 92 runs for 84 balls with 9- fours and 3. Ed Joyce scored 84 runs off 67 balls with 10- fours and 2- sixes included. Paul Stirling and Ed Joyce’s joint 106 runs set the record second-wicket partnership for Ireland against West Indies in ODIs which was previously held by Jeremy Bray and Eoin Morgan with 58 runs partnership. Nail O’ Brien scored an unbeaten 79 runs off 60 balls with 11- fours and William Porterfield scored 23 runs off 43 balls with 1- four and 1- six included.
- Ireland’s 305 run chase was their third-highest run-chase in ODIs and third-highest chase in the World Cups as well.
- West Indies’ Jerome Taylor picked up 3- wickets, Marlon Samuel picked up 1, and Chris Gayle picked up 1.
- Paul Stirling became the Player of the match for scoring the match-winning 92 runs off 84 balls with 9- fours and 3- sixes and he successfully maintained a strike rate of 109. 52
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC