Afghanistan vs Scotland 17th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – Afghanistan vs Scotland 17th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 17th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Afghanistan and Scotland at University Oval on the 26th of February. Afghanistan chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Scotland made 210 for all-out in 50 overs with top scorer Matt Machan as the player scored 31 runs off 28 balls with 4- fours included. Majid Khan scored 31 runs off 51 balls with 3- fours, Alasdair Evans scored 28 runs off 37 balls with 3- fours included, Kyle Coetzer scored 25 runs off 41 balls with 5- fours included, Richie Berrington made 25 runs off 46 balls with 2- fours, Preston Mommsen scored 23 runs off 36 balls with 4- fours and Matthew Cross made 15 runs 26 balls with 1- four.
- Alasdair Evans and Majid Haq collectively scored 62 runs with their ninth-wicket partnership. This became the record ninth-wicket partnership for Scotland in ODIs. The previous record was held between Alasdair Evans and Richie Berrington who held a 48-run stand against Ireland at Dublin. Along with that, this was Scotland’s record ninth-wicket stand in the World Cups.
- Afghanistan’s Shapoor Zadran successfully picked up 4 wickets for only 28 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included and Dawlat Zadran picked up 3 wickets for 29 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included. Hamid Hassan, Mohammad Nabi, and Gulbadin Naib each picked up 1 wicket.
- Shapoor Zadran’s 4 for 28 runs became his second-best bowling figure for Afghanistan in ODI and best bowling figure by an Afghanistan bowler in the World Cups.
- Afghanistan made 211 runs in 49.3 overs with 9 wickets down. Samiullah Shiwari became the top scorer with 96 runs off 147 balls with 7- fours and 5- sixes included. Javed Ahmadi scored 51 runs off 51 balls with 8- fours and Hamid Hassan scored 15 runs 39 balls with 1- four included.
- Samiullah Shinwari and Hamid Hassan scored 60 runs with the ninth-wicket partnership. This became a record ninth-wicket partnership for Afghanistan in ODIs. The record was previously held between Khaliq Dad and Hamid Hassan against Ireland in Rotterdam in 2010. In addition to that, this became Afghanistan’s record ninth-wicket stand in the World Cups.
- Scotland’s Richie Berrington successfully picked up 4- wickets for 40 runs in 10 overs. Alasdair Evans picked up 2-wickets, Josh Davey picked up 2- wickets and Majid Haq picked up 1.
- Richie Berrington’s 4 for 40 runs was his best bowling figure for the country in ODIs and second-best bowling figures by a Scottish bowler in World Cups. The best bowling figure is maintained by John Blain with 4 wickets for 37 runs.
- Afghanistan’s victory became historical for the team as it was their first-ever win in a World Cup match.
- Samiullah Shinwari became the Player of the match for scoring 96 runs off 147 balls with 7- fours and 5- sixes.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC