Australia vs Afghanistan 26th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – Australia vs Afghanistan 26th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 26th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Australia and Afghanistan in Perth on the 4th of March. Afghanistan decided to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Australia made a massive 417 score in 50 overs with 6 wickets down. David Warner became the top scorer with a score of 178 runs 133 balls with 19- fours and 5- sixes. Steve Smith scored 95 runs off 98 balls with 8- fours and 1- six, Glenn Maxwell scored 88 runs off 39 balls with 6- fours and 7- sixes at the strike rate of 225.64, and Brad Haddin scored 20 runs off 9 balls with 2- fours and 1- six.
- The 417 runs for 6 wickets is Australia’s second-highest score in ODIs. Likewise, it was the highest ever totals in World Cups’ history.
- The 178 runs by David Warner is a record scorer in World Cups by an Australian player.
- The 260 runs made by David Warner and Steve Smith through their partnership was the highest partnership for the country on any wicket.
- Afghanistan’s Shapoor Zadran successfully picked up 2 wickets, Navroz Mangal picked up 1, and Hamid Hassan picked up 1 wicket.
- Afghanistan made 142 runs for all-out in 37.3 overs. Navroz Mangal scored 33 runs off 35 balls with 2- fours and 2- sixes included, Najibullah Zadran scored 24 runs off 31 balls with 1- four and 1- six included.
- Australia’s Mitchell Johnson successfully claimed 4- wickets for 21 runs in 7.3 overs, Mitchell Starc picked up 2- wickets, Josh Hazlewood picked up 2 wickets, Michael Clarke picked up 1 wicket, and Glenn Maxwell picked up 1 wicket.
- Australia’s 275 run victory was the largest victory in terms of run in ODI cricket. With this, the Australians registered the biggest victory in terms of runs in the World Cups. But the Afghans became the team defeated with the largest margin of victory.
- David Warner became the Player of the match for scoring sensational 178 runs off 133 balls with 19- fours and 5- sixes at the strike rate of 133.83.
Australia Innings Highlights
Afghanistan Innings Highlights
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC-Cricket.