Australia vs England 35th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
35th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Australia vs England
- The 35th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Australia and England at North Soun on the 8th of April. England chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- England scored 247 runs for all-out in 49.5 overs. Kevin Pietersen became the top scorer with 104 runs off 122 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included. This was his 4th ODI century. Ian Bell scored 77 runs off 90 balls with 9-fours included and Ravi Bopara scored 21 runs off 36 balls with 2-fours included.
- Kevin scored a century. However, the team lost the match as happened in the match where he scored his previous 3 centuries as well.
- Australia’s Nathan Bracken picked up 3-wickets for 33 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Shaun Tait picked up 3 wickets for 41 runs in 10 overs, Glenn McGrath picked up 3 wickets for 62 runs in 3 overs 9.5 overs and Brad Hogg picked up 1 wicket.
- Australia scored 248 runs in 47.2 overs with 3 wickets down. Ricky Pointing became the top scorer with 86 runs off 106 balls with 11-fours included, Michael Clarke, scored 55 runs off 63 balls with 2-fours included, Matthew Hayden scored 41 runs off 50 balls with 6-fours included, Andrew Symonds scored 28 runs off 28 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included and Adam Gilchrist scored 27 runs off 37 balls with 5-fours included.
- England’s Andrew Flintoff picked up 1 wicket for 35 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included and Paul Collingwood picked up 1-wicket for 50 runs in 9 overs.
- Shaun Tait became the Player of the match for scoring 3-wickets for 41 runs in 10 overs.