Australia vs Ireland 40th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
40th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Australia vs Ireland
- The 40th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Australia and Ireland at Bridgetown on the 13th of April. Australia chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Ireland scored 91 runs for all-out in 30 overs. John Mooney became the team’s top scorer with 23 runs off 44 balls with 2-fours included, Trent Johnston scored 17 runs off 25 balls with 2-fours included, Kevin O’Brien scored 16 runs off 25 balls with 3-fours included and Kyle McCallan scored 5 runs off 18 balls.
- Australia’s Glenn McGrath successfully picked up 3-wickets for 17 runs in 7 overs with 1 maiden over included, Shaun Tait picked up 3 wickets for 39 runs in 6 overs with 1 maiden included, Andrew Symonds picked up 1 for 7 runs in 3 overs with 1 maiden included, Brad Hogg picked up 1 and Stuart Clark picked 1 wicket as well.
- Australia scored 92 runs in 12.2 overs with 1 wicket down. Adam Gilchrist became the top scorer with 34 runs off 25 balls with 4-fours included, Michael Hussey 30 runs off 41 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included and Andrew Symonds scored 15 runs off 9 balls with 1-four and 1-six included.
- Ireland’s Trent Johnston successfully picked up a wicket for 18 runs in 3 overs.
- Glenn McGrath became the Player of the match with 3-wickets taken for 17 runs in 7 overs.