Australia vs Scotland 2nd Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – Second Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Australia vs. Scotland
- The second match of the ICC World Cup took place between Australia at Basseterre on the 14th of March. Scotland chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Australia scored 334 runs in 50 overs with 6 wickets down. Ricky Pointing became the top scorer with 113 runs off 93 balls with 9- fours and 5-sixes included. This was his 23rd ODI century and 4th century in the World Cups. Matthew Hayden scored 60 runs off 73 balls with 6- fours and 1-six included, Adam Gilchrist, scored 46 runs off 55 balls with 5- fours included. Brag Hogg scored quick 40 runs off 15 balls with 3- fours and 3-sixes included, Brad Hodge scored 29 runs off 28 balls with 3- fours included and Shane Watson scored 18 runs off 11 balls with 3-fours included.
- The 85 ball century that Ricky Pointing hammered was his seventh fastest ever century in the World Cups. With this, he became the Australian player to scoring the fastest century in the World Cups.
- Scotland’s Majiq Haq successfully picked up 2-wickets for 49 runs in 7 overs. Paul Hoffman, Glenn Rogers, Craig Wright, and Dougie Brown each picked up 1-wicket.
- Scotland scored 131 runs for all-out in 40.1 overs. Colin Smith became the top scorer with 51 runs off 76 balls with 7- fours included, Dougie Brown scored 19 runs off 37 balls with 3- fours included and Majid Haq scored 16 runs off 22 balls with 2- fours included.
- Australia’s Glenn McGrath successfully picked up 3-wickets for 14 runs in 6 overs, Shaun Tait picked up 2-wickets for 45 runs in 8 overs, Brad Hogg picked up 1 wicket for 16 runs in 7.1 overs with 1 maiden over included and Brad Hodge picked up 1 wicket for 17 runs in 6 overs.
- Australia won the match with 203 runs margin and this is the third time a team has won with 200+ margins. This was Australia’s largest victory in terms of runs in ODIs and the second-biggest victory in terms of runs in the World Cups history.
- Ricky Pointing became the Player of the match for scoring brilliant 113 runs off 93 balls with 9- fours and 5-sixes included.