Australia vs Scotland 40th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – Australia vs Scotland 40th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 40th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Australia and Scotland at Hobart on the 14th of March. Australia chose to bowl field first as they won the toss.
- Scotland scored 130 runs for all-out in 25.4 overs. Matt Machan became the top scorer as he scored 40 runs off 35 balls with 6- fours included. Josh Davey scored 26 runs off 35 balls with 4- fours included, Michael Leask scored 23 runs off 11 balls with 4- fours included and Calum MacLeod scored 22 runs off 19 balls with 5- fours included.
- Australia’s Mitchell Starc successfully picked up 4 wickets for 14 runs in 4.4 over with 1 maiden over included and Pat Cummins picked up 3- wickets for 42 runs in 7 overs. Mitchell Johnson, Shane Watson, and Glenn Maxwell each picked up 1 wicket.
- Australia made 133 runs in 15.2 overs with 3 wickets down. Michael Clarke became the top scorer as he scored 47 runs off 47 balls with 7- fours and 2- sixes included. Shane Watson scored 24 runs off 23 balls with 4- fours included, David Warner scored 20 runs off 6 balls with 2- fours and 2- sixes included, Aaron Flinch scored 20 runs off 10 balls with 3- fours and 1- six included and James Faulkner scored 16 runs off 6 balls with 2- fours plus 1- six and remained not-out.
- Scotland’s Rob Taylor, Josh Davey, and Iain Wardlaw each picked up 1 wicket.
- With this, the Australians made an easy victory although a 2-hour delay due to rain led to some nervousness.
- Mitchell Starc became the Player of the match for picking up 4 wickets for only 14 4 runs in 4.4 overs.
Scotland Innings Highlights
Australia Innings Highlights