Australia vs South Africa 2nd Semi-Finals the ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
2nd Semi-Finals of the ICC World Cups 2007: Australia vs South Africa
- The 2nd semi-final of the ICC World Cup was played between Australia and South Africa at Gros Islet, St. Lucia on the 25th of April. South Africa chose to bat first as the team won the toss.
- South Africa scored 149 runs for all-out in 43.5 overs. Justin Kemp became the top scorer as he struck 49 runs off 91 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included, Herschelle Gibbs scored 39 runs off 49 balls with 6-fours included and AB de Villiers scored 15 runs off 34 balls with 3-fours included.
- Shaun Tait claimed 4 of South Africa’s wicket for 39 runs in 10 overs, Glenn McGrath picked up 3 wickets for 18 runs in 8 overs with 1 maiden over included, Nathan Bracken picked up 1 for 15 runs in 7 over with 2 maidens included, Brad Hogg picked up 1 for 24 runs and Shane Watson picked up 1 as well.
- Australia chased 153 runs in 31.3 overs with 3 wickets down. Michael Clarke became the top scorer as he hit 60 runs off 86 balls with 8-fours included, Matthew Hayden scored 41 runs off 60 balls with 4-fours included, Ricky Pointing scored 22 runs off 25 balls with 5-fours included and Andrew Symonds scored 18 runs for no-out off 16 balls with 3-fours included.
- Shaun Pollock, Andre Nel, and Charl Langeveldt each picked up 1 of South Africa’s wickets.
- With this victory, Australia entered into World Cup finals for four consecutive editions.
- Glenn McGrath became the Man of the match as the player picked up 4 important wickets off 39 balls in 10 overs.