Australia vs Sri Lanka 43rd Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
43rd Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Australia vs Sri Lanka
- The 43rd match of the ICC World Cup was played between Australia and Sri Lanka at Bridgetown, Barbados on the 16th of April. Sri Lanka chose to bat first as the team won the toss.
- Sri Lanka scored 226 runs for all-out in 49.4 overs with Mahela Jayawardene becoming the top scorer as he scored 72 runs off 88 balls with 5-fours and 1-six included. Chamara Silva scored 64 runs off 107 balls with 6-fours included, Farveez Maharoof scored 25 runs off 22 balls with 4-fours included and Malinga Bandara scored 17 runs off 19 balls with 2-sixes included.
- Australia’s Nathan Bracken successfully claimed 4 wickets for 19 runs in 9.3 overs with 3 maiden overs included, Brad Hogg picked up 2 wickets for 35 runs in 10 overs, Glenn McGrath picked up 2 wickets for 48 runs in 9 overs 1 maiden over included and Shaun tait picked up 2 wickets for 68 runs in 10 overs.
- Australia made 232 runs in 42.4 overs with 3 wickets down. Ricky Pointing became the top scorer with 66 runs off 80 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included, Andrew Symonds scored 63 runs for not-out for 71 balls with 5-fours and 2-sixes included. Matthew Hayden scored 41 runs off 30 balls with 5-fours and 2-sixes included, Adam Gilchrist scored 30 runs off 49 balls with 5-fours included and Michael Clarke scored 23 runs off 31 balls with 4-fours included.
- Sri Lanka’s Russel Arnold successfully picked up 2-wickets for 20 runs in 4 overs and Malinga Bandara picked up 1-wicket for 53 runs in 9.4 overs.
- Nathan Bracken became the Player of the match for successfully picking up 4 wickets for 19 in 9.4 over.