Bangladesh vs Ireland 42nd Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
42nd Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Bangladesh vs Ireland
- The 42nd match of the ICC World Cup was played between Bangladesh and Ireland at Bridgetown on the 15th of April. Ireland chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- Ireland scored 243 runs in 50 overs with 7 wickets the wickets gone. William Porterfield became the top scorer with 85 runs off 136 balls with 3-fours included, Kevin O’Brien scored 48 runs off 44 balls with 2-fours and 2-sixes included, Jeremy Bray scored 31 runs off 70 balls with 1-four included and Trent Johnston scored 30 runs off 23 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included.
- Bangladesh’s Mashrafe Mortaza successfully picked up 2-wickets for 38 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included and Shakib Al Hasan picked up 1-wicket for 44 runs in 10 overs.
- Bangladesh made 169 runs for all-out in 41.2 overs. Mohammad Ashraful scored 31 runs off 30 balls with 5-fours and 1-six included, Habibul Bashar scored 32 runs off 57 balls with 2-fours included and Tamim Iqbal scored 29 runs off 59 balls with 4-fours included.
- Ireland’s Kyle McCallum picked up 2-wickets for 25 runs in 8 overs with 1 maiden over included, Dave Langford-Smith picked up 2 wickets for 27 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Trent Johnston picked up 2-wickets for 40 runs in 7.2 overs, Boyd Rankin picked up 2-wickets for 42 runs in 8 overs and Andre Botha picked up 1-wicket for 31 runs in 8 overs.
- William Porterfield became the Player of the match for scoring 85 runs off 136 balls with 3-fours included.