England vs Bangladesh 38th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
38th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: England vs Bangladesh
- The 38th match of the ICC World Cup was played between England and Bangladesh at Bridgetown on the 11th of April. England chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Bangladesh scored 143 runs for all-out in 37.2 overs with Shakib Al Hasan became the top scorer with 57 runs off 95 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included, Abdur Razzak scored 15 runs off 17 balls with 3-fours included and Mashrafe Mortaza scored 13 runs off 43 balls.
- England’s Monty Panesar successfully picked up 3-wickets for 25 runs in 7 overs with 2 maidens over included, Sajid Mahmood picked up 3 wickets for 27 runs in 8.2 overs, James Anderson picked up 2 wickets for 30 runs in 8 overs and Andrew Flintoff picked up 1 wicket for 38 runs in 8 overs.
- England made 147 runs in 44.5 overs with 6 wickets down. Michael Vaughan scored 30 runs off 59 balls with 3-fours included, Andrew Flintoff scored 23 runs off 21 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included, Sir Andrew Strauss scored 23 runs off 37 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included, Paul Collingwood scored 23 runs off 74 balls with 1-four included and Paul Nixon scored 20 runs off 39 balls with 1-four and 1-six included.
- Bangladesh’s Syed Rasel successfully picked up 2 wickets for 25 runs in 10 over with 3 maidens over included, Abdur Razzak picked up 2-wickets for 30 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included and Mohammad Rafique picked up 2-wickets for 33 runs in 10 overs with 3 maidens included.
- Beating Bangladesh is something both India and South Africa could not do in the tournament. But England has done it with 5 overs spares.
- Sajid Mahmood became the Player of the match for picking 3 brilliant wickets for 27 runs in 8.2 overs.