England vs Canada 11th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
11th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: England vs Canada
- The 11th match of the ICC World Cup was played between England and Canada at Gros Islet, St Lucia on 18th of March. England chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- England scored 279 runs in 50 overs with 6 wickets down. Ed Joyce became the top scorer with 62 runs off 103 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included. Paul Collingwood scored 62 runs off 48 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included, Michael Vaughan, scored 45 runs off 64 balls with 7-fours included, Ravi Bopara scored 29 runs off 30 balls with 4-fours included, Ian Bell scored 28 runs off 44 balls with 1-four included and Paul Nixon scored quick 23 runs in 8 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included at the strike rate of 287.50.
- Canada’s Sunil Dhaniram successfully picked up 3-wickets for 41 runs in 10 overs, Abdool Samad scored 1 wicket for 31 runs in 5.1 overs, Anderson Cummins picked up 1-wicket for 58 runs in 7 overs and George Codrington picked up 1-wicket for 70 runs in 10 overs.
- Canada scored 228 runs in 50 overs with 7 wickets down. Ashif Mulla became the top scorer with 58 runs off 60 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included, Abdool Samad scored 36 runs off 67 balls with 1-four and 1-six included, Sunil Dhaniram scored 30 runs off 33 balls with 3-fours included, Desmond Chumney scored 27 runs for 51 balls with 1-six included, John Davison scored 21 runs off 25 balls with 4-fours included and Ian Billcliff scored 20 runs off 41 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included.
- England’s Ravi Bopara successfully picked up 2-wickets for 43 runs in 9 overs, Liam Plunkett picked up 2 wickets for 46 runs in 9 overs, Monty Panesar picked up 1 wicket and James Anderson picked 1 wicket as well.
- Brilliant bowling attacks from Paul Collingwood and Ed Joyce along with brilliant half-centuries helped England to achieve a 51 runs victory over Canada.
- Paul Collingwood became the Player of the match for scoring 62 runs off 48 balls with 4-fours and 1- six included. He had a strike rate of 125.