England vs Canada 25th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
25th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: England vs Canada
- The 25th match of the ICC World Cup was played between England and Canada at North Sound, Antigua on the 27th of March. West Indies chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Australia scored massive 332 runs in 50 overs with 6 wickets down. Matthew Hayden became the team’s top scorer with 158 runs off 143 balls with 14-fours and 4-sixes included. This became his 9th ODI century and second century in the tournament. Michael Clarke scored 41 runs off 47 balls with 4-fours included. Ricky Pointing scored 35 runs off 36 balls with 4-fours and1-six included; Shane Watson scored 33 runs off 26 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included.
- West Indies Dwayne Bravo picked up 2-wickets for 49 runs in 7 overs, Daren Powell picked up 2-wickets for 53 runs in 10 overs with 2 maiden overs included a Marlon Samuel picked up 1-wicket.
- West Indies scored 219 runs for all-out in 45.3 overs with Brian Lara becoming the team’s top scorer as he scored 77 runs off 83 balls with 8-fours and 1-six included. Denesh Ramdin scored 52 runs off 43 balls with 6-fours included and Ramnaresh Sarwan scored 29 runs off 58 balls with 1-four included.
- Australia’s Glenn McGrath picked up 3-wickets for 31 runs in 8 overs with 1 maiden over included, Brad Hogg picked up 3-wickets for 56 runs in 10 overs, Shaun Tait picked up 2-wickets for 43 runs in 7.3 overs, Nathan Bracken picked up 1-wicket and Andrew Symonds picked up 1-wicket as well.
- Matthew Hayden became the Player of the match for scoring 158 runs off 143 balls with 14-fours and 4-sixes included.