England vs Kenya 23rd Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
23rd Match of ICC World Cup 2007: England vs Kenya
- The 23rd Match of ICC World Cup was played between England and Kenya at Gros Islet on the 24th of March. Kenya chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- Kenya scored 177 runs for all-out in 43 overs with Steve Tikolo as the team’s top scorer. He scored 76 runs off 97 7balls with 8-fours included, Jimmy Kamande scored 17 runs off 28 balls with 2-fours included and Tony Suji scored 14 runs off 29 balls with 2-fours included.
- England’s James Anderson picked up 2-wickets for 27 runs in 9 overs, Paul Collingwood picked up 2-wickets for 33 runs in 7 overs, Andrew Flintoff picked up 2-wickets for 35 runs in 9 overs and Sajid Mahmood picked up 1 wicket.
- England scored 183 runs in 50 overs with 3 wickets down. Ed Joyce became the team’s top scorer with 75 runs off 90 balls with 9-fours and 1-six included. Kevin Pietersen scored 56 runs off 72 balls with 5-fours and 1-six included, Paul Collingwood scored 18 runs off 17 balls with 3-fours and Ian Bell scored 16 runs off 18 balls with 2-fours included.
- Kenya’s Thomas successfully picked up a 1-wicket for 27 runs in 6 overs, Steve Tikolo picked up 1 and Peter Ongondo picked 1-wicket as well.
- Ed Joyce became the Player of the match for scoring 75 runs off 90 balls with 9-fours and 1-six included.