England vs New Zealand 28th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
28th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: England vs New Zealand
- The 28th match of ICC World Cup 2007 was played between England and New Zealand at Providence, Guyana on the 30th of March. England chose to bat first as they won the team won toss.
- England scored 266 runs in 50 overs with 7 wickets down. Paul Collingwood became the top scorer with 90 runs off 82 balls with 8-fours and 3-sixes included. Kevin Pietersen scored 48 runs off 47 balls with 5-fours included, Andrew Flintoff scored 43 runs off 62 balls with 4-fours included, Ian Bell scored 31 balls off 74 balls with 3-fours included, and Paul Nixon scored 19 runs off 15 balls with 1-four and 1-six included.
- Ireland’s Boyd Rankin successfully picked up 2-wickets for 28 runs in 7 overs with 2 maidens over included. Kevin O’Brien, Kyle McCallan, Andrew Botha, and Trent Johnston picked 1 wicket each.
- Ireland scored 218 runs for all-out in 48.1 overs. Niall O’Brien became the team’s top scorer with 63 runs off 88 balls with 4-fours included, Andrew white scored 38 runs off 35 balls with 4-fours included, William Porterfield scored 31 runs off 68 balls with 2-four included, Trent Johnston scored 27 runs off 21 balls with 1-four and 2-sixes included and Andrew Botha scored 18 runs off 39 balls with 1-four included.
- England’s Andrew Flintoff successfully claimed 4-wickets for 43 runs in 8.1 overs with 1 maiden over included, Monty Panesar picked up 2-wickets for 31 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Michael Vaughan picked 1 for 34 runs in 9 overs, Michael Vaughan picked up 1, James Anderson picked up 1 and Paul Collingwood picked up 1 wicket as well.
- Paul Collingwood became the Player of the match for scoring 90 runs off 82 balls with 8-fours and 3-sixes included.