England vs Scotland 14th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – England vs Scotland 14th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 14th match of ICC World Cup 2015 was played between England and Scotland at Hagley Oval on 23rd February. Scotland decided to bowl first as they won the toss.
- England scored massive 303 runs in 50 overs with 8 wickets down. Moeen Ali became the top scorer with 128 runs off 107 balls with 12- fours and 4- sixes. This was his 2nd ODI century, 1st century against Scotland, and 1st ever ODI hundred in the World Cups. Ian Bell scored 54 runs 85 balls with 2- fours included, Eoin Morgan scored 46 runs off 42 balls with 4- fours and 2- sixes included, Jos Buttler scored 24 runs off 14 balls with 4- fours and James Taylor scored 17 runs 26 balls.
- Moeen Ali’s 128 run score was his highest score for the country in ODIs. Likewise, 69 runs that held the record as the highest score by an English batsman against Scotland in ODIs were surpassed. Along with that, it became the fifth-highest score by an English batsman in the World Cups.
- The 303 run total was England’s highest score against Scotland in ODIs and the 6th highest total in the World Cups.
- Moeen Ali and Ian Bell held first wicket partnership and they and they made 172 runs in total. This became England’s record first wicket partnership against Scotland in ODIs which was previously held by Andrew Strauss and Craig Kieswetter who jointly scored 121 runs at Edinburgh in the year 2010. Likewise, this was England’s 5th highest opening stand in ODIs and record first-wicket partnership in World Cups which was previously held with 158 runs between Dennis Amiss and Barry Wood against East Africa in the inaugural 1975 World Cup at Edgbaston.
- Scotland’s Josh Davey successfully claimed 4 wickets for 68 runs in 10 overs. Richie Berrington, Alasdair Evans, Majid Haq, and Iain Wardlaw each picked up 1 wicket.
- Scotland remained far from their target as the team made 184 runs for all out in 42.2 overs. Kyle Coetzer scored 71 runs off 84 balls with 11- fours included, Preston Mommsen scored 26 runs off 42 balls with 3- fours included, Matthew Cross scored 23 runs 32 balls with 1- four included and Majid Haq scored 15 runs off 24 balls with 3- fours included.
- England’s Steven Finn successfully picked up 3 wickets for 26 runs in 9 overs with 3 maiden overs included. Chris Woakes James Anderson, Moeen Ali each picked up 2 wickets and Joe Root picked up 1.
- England’s 119 run victory was their largest victory in terms of runs against Scotland in ODIs and the third-largest victory in World Cups.
- Moeen Ali became the player of the match with his brilliant batting display as he scored 128 runs off 107 balls with 12- fours and 5- sixes at the strike rate of 119.63.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC