England vs South Africa 44th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
44th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: England vs South Africa
- The 44th match of the ICC World Cup was played between England and South Africa at Bridgetown on the 17th of April. England chose to bat first as the team won the toss.
- England scored 154 runs for all-out in 48 overs. Andrew Strauss scored 46 runs off 67 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included, Paul Collingwood scored 40 runs off 57 balls with 3-fours included, Ravi Bopara scored 27 runs off 44 balls with 4-fours included and Michael Vaughan scored 17 runs off 38 balls with 3-fours included.
- South Africa’s Andrew Hall successfully claimed 5-wickets for 18 runs in 10 over with 2 maidens over included, Andre Nel picked up 3-wickets for 35 runs in 10 overs with 3 maidens over include, Jacques Kallis picked up 1 wicket for 22 runs in 8 over and Charl Langeveldt picked up 1 wicket for 38 runs in 7 overs with 1 maiden over included.
- South Africa made 157 runs in 19.2 overs with Graeme Smith becoming the top scorer with his 89 runs off 58 balls with 13-four included. AB de Villiers scored 42 runs off 35 balls with 8-fours included and Jacques Kallis scored 17 runs for 25 runs with 2-fours included.
- England’s Andrew Flintoff successfully picked up 1 wicket for 36 runs in 6 overs.
- Andrew Hall became the Player of the match with 5-wickets picked up for 18 runs in 10 overs with 2 maiden overs included.