England vs Sri Lanka 33rd Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
33rd Match of ICC World Cup 2007: England vs Sri Lanka
- The 33rd match of the ICC World Cup was played between England and Sri Lanka at North Sound on the 4th of April. England chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Sri Lanka scored 235 runs for all-out in 50 overs. Upul Tharanga scored 62 runs off 103 balls with 2-fours included. Mahela Jayawardene scored 56 runs off 61 balls with 4-fours included, Sanath Jayasuriya scored 25 runs off 26 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included, Chamara Silva scored 23 runs off 37 balls with 2-fours included and Russel Arnold scored 20 runs off 22 balls with 2-four included.
- England’s Sajid Mahmood successfully claimed 4-wickets for 50 runs in 9 overs, Andrew Flintoff picked up 3-wickets for 35 runs in 10 overs and Paul Collingwood picked up 1-wicket.
- England scored 23 runs in 50 overs with 8 wickets down. Kevin Pietersen scored 58 runs off 80 balls with 5-fours and 1-six included, Ravi Bopara scored 52 runs off 53 balls with 4-fours included, Ian Bell scored 47 runs off 71 balls with 4-fours included and Paul Nixon scored 42 runs off 44 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included.
- Sri Lanka’s Dilhara Fernando successfully picked up 3-wickets for 41 runs in 9 overs, Lasith Malinga picked up 2-wickets for 50 runs in 10 overs with 2 maiden overs, Chaminda Vaas picked up 1 and Muttiah Muralitharan picked up 1 wicket.
- Ravi Bopara became the Player of the match for scoring 52 runs off 53 balls with 4 boundaries included.