India vs Bangladesh 8th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
8th Match of ICC World Cup 2015: India vs Bangladesh
- The eighth match of the ICC World Cup was played between India and Bangladesh at Port of Spain, Trinidad on the 17th of March. India chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- India scored 191 runs for all-out in 49.3 overs. Sourav Ganguly became the top scorer with 66 runs off 129 balls with 4-fours included. Yuvraj Singh scored 47 runs off 58 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included, Zaheer Khan scored 15 runs off 17 balls with 2- fours included and Munaf Patel also scored 15 runs off 15 balls with 2-fours included.
- Bangladesh’s Mashrafe Mortaza successfully claimed 4 wickets for 38 runs in 9.3 overs with 2 maiden overs included Mohammad Rafique picked up 3 wickets for 38 runs in 10 overs with 2 maiden overs included and Abdur Razzak also picked up 3-wickets for 38 runs in 10 overs with 2 maiden overs included.
- Bangladesh made 195 runs in 48.3 overs with 4 wickets down. Mushfique Rahim became the top scorer with 56 runs off 107 balls with 3-fours and 2-sixes included, Shakib Al Hasan scored 53 runs off 86 balls with 5-fours and 1-six included, Tamim Iqbal scored 51 runs off 53 balls with 7-fours and 2-sixes included.
- Young Tamim Iqbal, Saqibul Hasan, and Mushfiqur Rahim each scored their maiden half-centuries in their debut World Cup match.
- India’s Virender Shewag picked up 2-wickets for 17 runs in 5 overs, Munaf Patel picked up 2-wickets for 39 runs in 8.3 overs with 1 maiden over included and Zaheer Khan picked up 1 wicket for 41 runs in 9 overs with 2 maiden overs included.
- India faced the first defeat in the tournament as the team faced powerful left-arm spinners that limited the team at 191.
- With this victory, Bangladesh gained high chances for qualifying for the Super Eights.
- Mashrafe Mortaza became the Player of the match for picking up brilliant 4 wickets for 38 runs in 9.3 overs.