India vs South Africa 13th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – India vs South Africa 13th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 13th match of ICC World Cup 2015 was played between India and South Africa at Melbourne on the 22nd of February. India decided to bat first as the team won the toss.
- India made a massive score of 307 with 7 wickets down in 50 overs. Shikhar Dhawan became the top scorer with 137 runs off 146 balls with 16- fours and 2 sixes. This was his 7th ODI century, 2nd century against South Africa in ODIs, and first ODI century in World Cups. This was Dhawan’s highest score for the country in ODIs, third-highest score by an Indian batsman against South Africa in ODIs, and joint 7th highest score y an Indian batsman in the World Cups along with Sachin Tendulkar.
- Ajinkya Rahane scored an impressive 79 runs off 60 balls with 7- fours and 3- sixes included, Virat Kolhi made 46 runs off 60 balls with 3- fours included and MS Dhoni scored 18 runs 11 balls with 3- fours.
- The 127 run partnership delivered by Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kolhi was their sixth-highest second-wicket partnership for the country against South Africa in ODIs and joint 7th highest second-wicket partnership in World Cups with Sachin Tendulkar and Mohammad Azharuddin who scored 127 runs against New Zealand in the 1992 World Cup.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Ajinkya Rahane made 125 runs in their partnership which held the record as the second highest third-wicket partnership for the country against South Africa in ODIs and the country’s fourth highest third-wicket stand in World Cups.
- The 307 total India’s joint fourth-highest score against South Africa in ODIs, highest total against South Africa in World Cup, and 7th highest score in World Cups.
- South Africa’s Morne Morkel picked up 2 wickets, Imran Tahir picked up 1, Dale Steyn picked 1 wicket and Wayne Parnell picked 1 wicket as well.
- South Africa made 177 runs for all out in 40.2 overs. Faf du Plessis was the team’s top scorer with 55 runs off 71 balls with 5- fours. Likewise, AB de Villiers scored 30 runs off 38 balls with 3- fours included, Hasim Amla scored 22 runs off 28 balls with 2- fours included, David Miller scored 22 runs off 23 balls with 2- fours included and Wayne Parnell scored 17 runs off 28 balls remaining not-out.
- India’s Ravichandran Ashwin successfully picked up 3 wickets, Mohit Sharma picked up 2 wickets, Mohammed Shami picked up2, and Ravindra Jadeja picked up 1.
- The 130 run victory that India made over South Africa was their third-largest victory in terms of runs against the team in ODIs and the fifth-biggest victory in World Cups.
- For South Africa, the 130 run defeat was their 7th worst in terms of margin of runs in ODIs and worst defeat in terms of margin in the World Cups.
- Shikhar Dhawan became the Player of the match as he delivered spectacular batting by scoring his career-best of 137 runs off 146 balls with 16- fours and 2- sixes.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC