India vs South Africa 1st Match ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Highlights
India vs South Africa: 1st Match ICC Champions Trophy 2013
Watch the highlights of India vs South Africa 1st Match – ICC Champions Trophy 2013 played at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff on Jun 06, 2013.
South Africa Squad:-
Hashim Amla, Colin Ingram, Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c & wk), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Ryan McLaren, Robin Peterson, Morne Morkel, Rory Kleinveldt, Lonwabo Tsotsobe
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ravichandran Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma
- Shikhar Dhawan’s Century in an opening match of ICC Champions Trophy 2013 guided India 23-runs victory over South Africa despite 3 half-centuries from South African batsmen.
- India scored 331 runs in 50 overs for 7 wickets with a top score of 114 runs off 94 balls including 12-fours and a six with a strike rate of 121.28 from Shikhar Dhawan.
- Rohit Sharma assisted 65 runs off 81 balls including 8-fours, Ravindra Jadeja 47 runs not out in 28 balls, Virat Kohli 31 runs off 41, and MS Dhoni 27.
- Ryan McLaren took 3 wickets for 70 runs, Lonwano Tsotsobe took 2 wickets for 83 runs, and one wicket by JP Duminy in every 10 overs.
- South Africa scored 305 runs all out in 50 overs while chasing India in the 1st match of ICC Champions Trophy 2013.
- Ryan McLaren scored 71 runs not out in 61 balls including 11-fours and a six with a strike rate of 116.39
- AB de Villers blasted 70 runs off 71 balls including 7-fours, Robin Peterson added 68 runs off 72 balls, Faf du Plessis 30 runs, and Hashim Amla 22.
- Indian bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, and Ravindra Jadeja took each 2 wickets with 1 maiden over of Ravindra Jadeja.
- Shikhar Dhawan becomes Man of the Match for his century blasting performance of 114 runs off 94 balls including 12-fours and a six with a strike rate of 121.28
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from BCCI