India vs Sri Lanka 20th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
20th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: India vs Sri Lanka
- The 20th match of the ICC World Cup took place between Sri Lanka and India. India chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Sri Lanka scored 254 runs in 50 overs with 6 wickets down. Upul Tharanga became the team’s top scorer as he scored 64 runs off 90 balls with 6-fours included. Chamara Silva scored 59 runs off 68 balls with 5-fours included, Tillakaratne Dilshan scored 38 runs off 41 balls with 3-fours included, Russell Arnold scored 19 runs off 13 balls with 3-fours included and Chaminda Vaas scored 19 runs off 12 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included and Kumar Sangakkara scored 15 runs off 35 balls with 2-fours included.
- India’s Zaheer Khan picked up 2-wickets for 49 runs in 10 overs, Sourav Ganguly picked up 1, Ajit Agarkar picked up 1, Sachin Tendulkar picked 1 and Munaf Patel picked 1 too.
- India scored 185 runs for all-out in 43.3 overs. Rahul Dravid became the team’s top scorer with 60 runs off 82 balls with 6-fours included. Virender Sehwag scored 48 runs off 46 balls with 5-fours included, Robin Uthappa scored 18 runs off 27 balls with 3-fours included and Harbhajan Singh scored 17 runs off 20 balls with 1-four and 1-six included.
- Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan successfully picked up 3-wickets for 41 runs in 10 overs. Chaminda Vaas picked up 2-wickets. Tillakaratne Dilshan, Sanath Jayasuriya, Dilhara Fernando, and Lasith Malinga picked 1-wicket each.
- With this defeat, India’s journey in the World Cup came to an end.
- Muttiah Muralitharan became the Player of the match for picking 3-wickets for 41 runs in 10 overs.