Kenya vs Canada 3rd Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
Third Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Kenya vs. Canada
- The third match of the ICC World Cup was played between Kenya and Canada at Gros Islet, St Lucia on the 14th of March. Kenya chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Canada scored 199 runs for all-out in 50 overs. Geoff Barnett became the top scorer with 41 balls of 50 alls with 9- fours included. Ian Billcliff scored 34 runs off 63 balls with 2- fours included, Sunil Dhaniram scored 34 runs off 35 balls with 3- fours and 1-six included, Ashif Mulla scored 25 runs off 39 balls with 1-six included, Ashish Bagai scored 19 runs off 48 balls with 2- fours included and Abdool Samad scored 15 runs off 29 balls with 3- fours included.
- Kenya’s Jimmy Kamande successfully picked up 2-wickets for 25 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Steve Tikolo picked up 2-wickets for 34 runs in 9 overs, Hiren Varaiya picked up1 wicket, Thomas Odoyo picked up 1 and Peter Ongondo picked up 1 as well.
- Kenya scored 203 runs in 43.2 overs with 3 wickets down. Steve Tikolo picked up 72 runs in 76 overs with 7- fours and 1-six included, Moriss Ouma scored 58 runs off 89 balls with 7- fours and 1-six included, Tanmay Mishra scored 35 runs off 54 balls with 3- fours included.
- Canada’s Anderson Cummins, Sunil Dhaniram, and Umar Bhatti each picked up 1 wicket.
- Steve Tikolo and Morris Ouma’s half-centuries work as major works in guiding Kenya’s seven-wicket victory over Canada.
- Steve Tikolo became the Player of the match for scoring an unbeaten 72 runs off 76 balls with 7- fours and 1-six included.