Malaysia vs Netherlands 2nd Match Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021 Highlights
Malaysia vs Netherlands: 2nd Match Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021
- The 2nd match of Nepal T20I Series 2021 was played between Malaysia and Netherlands at the Tribhuvan University International Cricket Ground, Kirtipur on the 18th of April 2021. The Netherlands chose to ball first as they won the toss.
- The Netherlands scored 191 runs in 20 overs with 2 wickets down. Max O’Dowd became the top scorer with 133 runs not-out off 73 facing 73 balls with 15-fours and 6-sixes at the strike rate of 182.19. This became his 1st T20I century. Scott Edwards scored 31 runs off 23 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included and Ben Cooper hit 20 runs not-out off 20 deliveries.
- Malaysia’s Pavandeep Singh and Anwar Rahman each picked 1 wicket for 22 and 25 runs respectively.
- Malaysia scored 176 runs in 20 overs with 8 wickets down. Virandeep Singh became the team’s top scorer with 87 runs off 53 balls with 60fours and 6-sixes at the strike rate of 164.15. Sharvin Muniandy cracked 28 runs off 20 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included; Aminuddin Ramly hammered 26 runs off 15 balls including 2-fours and 2-sixes.
Netherland’s Aryan Dutt picked up 2 wickets for 14 runs in 2 overs, Bas de Leede picked 2 for 15 runs in 2 overs, Sebastian Brat picked 2, and Pieter Seelaar took 1.
- Max O’Dowd became the Player of the match for scoring 133 runs off 73 balls with 15-fours and 6-sixes at the strike rate of 182.19.
- Max O’Dowd became the first Netherlands batsman to score a century in T20I cricket history.
- Max O’ Dowd’s unbeaten 133 run score became the highest score by a Netherlands batsman in T20I cricket history. The record was previously held by Pieter Seelaar who had scored unbeaten 96 runs against Scotland at Dublin in 2019. The 133 runs also became the fifth-highest score in T20Is.
NED 191/2 (20)
MLY 176/8 (20)
Netherlands won by 15 runs
MAN OF THE MATCH