Nepal vs Malaysia 3rd Match Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021 Highlights
Nepal vs Malaysia: 3rd Match Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021
- The 3rd match of Nepal Tri-National T20I Series 2021 was played between Nepal and Malaysia at Tribhuvan University International Cricket Ground, Kritiput on the 19th of April. Nepal chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Malaysia scored 109 runs with all of the wickets down. Syed Aziz became the top scorer with 27 runs off 24 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included. Sharvin Muniandy scored 20 runs off 15 balls with 1-six included and Shahab Alam made 15.
- Nepal’s Karan KC picked up 3 wickets for 17 runs, Sandeep Lamichhane took 2 wickets. Dipendra Singh Airee, Kushal Malla, and Shahab Alam picked up 1 wicket each.
- Nepal chased 113 runs in 12.1 overs with 1 wicket down. Kushal Bhurtel became the top scorer as the player hammered 61 runs off 41 balls with 3-fours and 5-sixes included at the strike rate of 148.78 and Aasif Sheikh bagged 42 runs off 29 balls including 4-fours and 1-six at the strike rate of 144.82.
- Malaysia’s Virandeep Singh picked up 1 wicket for 7 runs in 1 over.
Karan KC became the Player of the match for brilliantly picking 3 wickets for 17 runs in 3 overs.
- Kushal Bhurtel’s 50 off 26 balls became Nepal’s third-fastest half-century in T20I and third-fastest half-century by a Nepali batsman against Malaysia in T20 Internationals.
- Kushal Bhurtel and Aasif Sheikh scored 102 runs became the record first-wicket partnership for Nepal against Malaysia in T20I. The record was previously held by Pradeep Singh Airee and Gyanendra Malla who had made a 66-run stand in Singapore in 2019. The score became the fourth highest partnership for any wicket in T20Is.
- The 9 wicket victory became their joint largest victory in terms of wickets remaining in T20I, 4th-time victory with 9 wickets, and 1st-time victory over Malaysia by 9 wickets in T20Is.