Nepal vs Malaysia 6th Match Nepal Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021 Highlights
Nepal vs Malaysia: 6th Match Nepal Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021
- Malaysia vs Nepal, the 6th of Nepal Tri-Nation Series 2021 was played at Tribhuvan University International Cricket Ground, Kirtipur on the 22nd of April. Malaysia chose to bat first as the team won the toss.
- Nepal scored 217 runs in 20 overs with 7 wickets down. Karan KC hammered 45 runs off 13 balls with 7-sixes at the strike rate of 346.15. Aasif Sheikh scored 42 runs off 25 balls with 1-four and 4-sixes included at the strike rate of 164, Dipendra Singh Airee blasted 33 runs off 17 balls with 5-fours and 1-six included, Kushal Malla scored 19 runs and Kushal Bhurtel made 16.
- Malaysia’s Syed Aziz took 2 wickets for 4 runs in 2 overs, Fitri Sham picked 2 wickets, Anwar Rahman picked up 2 and Muhammad Wafiq picked up 1.
- Malaysia scored 148 runs for 19.1 overs with all wickets down. Aminuddin Ramly scored 41 runs off 18 balls with 1-four and 5-sixes included at the strike rate of 227.77.
Ahmad Faiz blasted 31 runs off 21 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included and Firti Sham made 14 runs.
- Nepal’s Debutant Kamal Airee picked up 3 wickets for 16 runs in 3.1 overs in his debut T20I match, Sompal Kami picked up 3 wickets for 20 runs, Sandeep Lamichhane picked up 3 wickets and Sushan Bhari picked up 1.
- Sompal Kami became the Player of the match displaying excellent bowling by picking 3 wickets for 20 runs in 4 overs with a maiden over included.
- Karan KC’s 7-sixes became the third most sixes in an innings for Nepal in T20I and most sixes hit by a Nepali batsman against Malaysia in a T20I inning. This surpassed the jointly held record by Paras Khadka, Binod Bandari, and Kushal Bhurtel who had score 5-sixes.
- Nepal’s 217 runs score was their highest score in T20I and highest score against Malaysia in T20Is.
- Nepal’s 69-run victory became their fourth-largest victory in terms of runs in T20I and biggest victory against Malaysia in the T20Is.