Nepal vs Netherlands 1st Match Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021 Highlights
Nepal vs Netherlands: 1st Match Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021
- The first match of 1st Tri-Nation T20I Series 2021 was played between Netherlands and Nepal at Tribhuvan University International Cricket Ground, Kritipur on the 17th of April. Nepal chose to ball first as the team won the toss.
- The Netherlands scored 136 runs in 20 overs with 4 wickets down. Bas de Leede became the team’s top scorer as the player made 41 runs off 49 balls with 3-fours and 2-sixes included. Scott Edwards hammered 30 runs off 32 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included, Pieter Seelaar made 23 runs off 17 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included and Antonius Stall scored 20 runs off 9 balls including 2-fours and 1-six at the strike rate of 222.22.
- Nepal’s Sandeep Lamichanne successfully picked up 2-wickets for 22 runs in 4 overs, Sompal Kami picked up 2-wickets and Debutant Shahab Alam picked up 1-wicket in his first T20I match.
- Nepal chased 141 runs in 15 overs with losing only 1 of the wickets. Debutant Kushal Bhurtel scored 62 runs off 46 balls in his first T20I match. Aasif Sheikh hit 53 runs off 38 balls with 4-fours and 4-sixes in his debut match and Gyanendra Malla scored 13 for not-out.
- Netherland’s Debutant Julian de Mey took 1 wicket for 35 runs in his first T20I.
Debutant Kushal Bhurtel became the Player of the match for cracking brilliant match-winning 62 runs off 46 balls with 5-fours and 5-sixes with a strike rate of 134.78.
Bhurtel became the second Nepali batsman with a score of fifty or more in his debut T20I match since Sundeep Jora.
- Likewise, Aasif Sheik became the third batsman from Nepal to score fifty or more runs in their debut T20I match.
- Debutants Kushal Bhurtel and Aasif Sheikh’s 116 run partnership in the first wicket succeeded the record held by Paras Khadka and Gyanendra Malla who had scored 108 runs against Bhutan in the same place in the year 2019. The run partnership also became Nepal’s second-highest score for any wicket in T20Is.
- The 9 wicket victory was Nepal’s joint largest victory in terms of wickets remaining in T20 International, 3rd match which they have won by 9 wickets and 1st time they defeated the Netherlands with 9 wickets in T20Is.
NED 136/4 (20)
NEP 141/1 (15)
Nepal won by 9 wkts
MAN OF THE MATCH