New Zealand vs Afghanistan 31st Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – New Zealand vs Afghanistan 31st Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 31st match of the ICC World Cup was played between New Zealand and Afghanistan at Napier on the 8th of March. Afghanistan chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- Afghanistan made 186 for all our in 47.4 overs. Najibullah Zadran became the top scorer with 56 runs off 56 balls with 8- fours and 2- sixes, Samiullah Shinwari scored 54 runs off 110 balls with 5- fours and 1- six, Navroz Mangal scored 27 runs off 46 balls with 3- fours and Hamid Hassan scored 16 runs off 21 balls with 4- fours.
- New Zealand’s Daniel Vettori successfully picked up 4 wickets for only 18 runs 10 overs with 4 maiden overs included. Trent Boult picked up 3 wickets for 34 runs in 10 overs with 2 maiden overs included, Corey Anderson picked up 2 wickets and Adam Milne picked up 1 for 38 runs.
- New Zealand made 188 runs in 36.1 overs. Martin Guptill became the top scorer with 57 runs off 76 balls with 7- fours included. Brendon McCullum scored 42 runs off 19 balls with 6- fours and 1-six included, Kane Williamson scored 33 runs off 45 balls with 4- fours included and Ross Taylor scored 24 runs off 41 balls with 2- fours included.
- Afghanistan’s Mohammad Nabi and Shapoor Zadran picked 1 wicket each.
- Through their victory, New Zealand became the team to dismiss five oppositions in the World Cup.
- Daniel Vettori became the Player of the match with his excellent bowling figures of 4-wickets for only 18 runs in 10 overs with 4 maidens included.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC-Cricket