New Zealand vs Australia ICC World Cup 2015 Final Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – New Zealand vs Australia ICC World Cup 2015 Final Highlights
- The final of the ICC World Cup 2015 took place between New Zealand and Australia in Melbourne on the 29th of March. 93, 000 spectators attended the match. New Zealand chose to bat as they won the toss.
- New Zealand scored 183 runs for all-out in 45 overs. Grant Elliot became the top scorer with 83 runs off 82 balls with 7- fours and 1- wicket included. Ross Taylor scored 40 runs off 72 balls with 2- fours included, Martin Guptill scored 15 runs off 34 balls with 1- four and 1-six included, Kane Williamson scored 12 runs off 33 balls with 1-four included and Tim Southee scored 11 runs off 11 balls with 1-six included.
- Australia’s Mitchell Johnson picked up 3 wickets for 30 runs in 9 overs, James Faulkner picked up 3 wickets for 36 runs in 9 overs with 1 maiden over included, Mitchell Starc picked up 2 wickets for 20 runs in 8 overs and Glenn Maxwell picked up 1 wicket for 37 runs in 7 overs.
- Australia successfully scored 186 runs in 33.1 overs with 3 wickets down. Michael Clarke became the top scorer with 74 runs off 72 balls with 10- four and 1- six included. Steven Smith scored 56 runs off 71 balls with 3- fours included, David Warner scored 45 runs off 46 balls with 7- fours included and Shane Watson scored 2 runs off 5 balls.
- New Zealand’s Matt Henry picked up 2 wickets for 46 runs in 9.1 overs and Trent Boult picked up 1 wicket for 40 runs in 10 overs.
- Australia’s James Faulkner became the Player of the match for picking up 3 wickets for only 36 runs in 9 overs.
- With this, Australia lifted their 5th ICC World Cup in a total of 11 tournaments played.
- Mitchell Starc became the Player of the tournament as the player picked up 22 wickets throughout the tournament with an average of 10.18 runs per wicket.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from SuperSport