New Zealand vs Canada 18th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
18th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: New Zealand vs Canada
- The 18th match of the ICC World Cup was played between New Zealand and Canada at Gros Islet, St Lucia on the 22nd of March. Canada chose to bowl first as the team won the toss.
- New Zealand scored 363 runs in 50 overs with 5 wickets down. Lou Vincent became the top scorer with 101 runs 117 balls with 9-fours and 1-six included. This was his 3rd ODI century. Stephen Fleming scored 6 runs off 67 balls with 8-fours and 1-six included. Peter Fulton scored 47 runs off 47 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included, Jacob Oram scored an unbeaten 35 runs off 27 balls with 3-sixes included and Scott Styris scored 17 runs off 28 balls with 4-fours included.
- New Zealand’s 363 run score was the fourth-highest score in World Cups and their second-highest score in the ODIs.
- Canada’s John Davison successfully picked up 2-wickets for 67 runs in 10 overs, Kevin Sanders picked up 2-wickets for 58 runs in 10 overs and Abdool Samad picked up 1-wicket.
- Canada scored 249 runs for all-out in 49.2 overs with John Davison scored 52 runs off 31 balls with 9-fours and 1-six included. Ian Billcliff scored 50 runs off 56 balls with 4-fours included. Geoff Barnett scored 40 runs off 72 balls with 5-fours included and Ashish Bagai scored 37 runs off 64 balls with 3-fours included.
- John Davison’s half-century in 23 balls became the fourth fastest in the World Cup history.
- New Zealand’s Jeetan Patel picked up 3-wickets for 25 runs in 9.2 overs, Daniel Vettori picked up 3-wickets for 57 runs in 10 overs, Scott Styris picked up 1 wicket and Michael Mason picked up 1 as well.
- Lou Vincent became the Player of the match for scoring 102 runs off 117 balls with 9-fours and 1-six included.