New Zealand vs England 6th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
6th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: New Zealand vs. England
- The 6th match of the ICC World Cup was played between England and New Zealand at Gros Islet, St Lucia on the 16th of March. New Zealand chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- England scored 209 runs in 50 overs with 7 wickets down. Kevin Pietersen scored 60 runs off 92 balls with 4-fours included and 1-six included. Paul Nixon scored 42 runs off 41 balls with 5-fours included; Paul Collingwood scored 31 runs off 54 balls with 2-fours included, Liam Plunkett scored 29 runs off 34 balls with 1-four and 1-six included and Michael Vaughan scored 26 runs off 52 balls with 3-fours included.
- New Zealand’s Shane Bond scored 2-wickets for 19 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Scott Styris scored picked up 2-wickets for 25 runs in 7 overs, James Franklin scored 2-wickets for 43 runs in 9 overs and Jacob Oram scored 1-wicket for 25 runs in 6 overs.
- New Zealand scored 210 runs in 41 overs with 4 wickets down. Scott Styris scored 87 runs off 113 balls with 9-fours included, Jacob Oram scored 63 runs off 83 balls with 4-fours and 1-six included and Craig McMillan scored 27 runs off 34 balls with 3-fours included.
- England’s James Anderson picked up 2-wickets for 39 runs in 8 overs, Liam Plunkett scored 1 wicket for 43 runs in 7 overs, and Monty Panesar picked up a 1-wicket for 47 runs in 10 overs.
- Scott Styris became the Player of the match for scoring 87 runs off 113 balls with 9-fours included.