New Zealand vs Ireland 36th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
36th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: New Zealand vs Ireland
- The 36th match of the ICC World Cup was played between New Zealand and Ireland at Providence, Guyana on the 9th of April. New Zealand chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- New Zealand scored 263 runs in 50 overs with 8 wickets down. Peter Fulton became the top scorer with 83 runs off 110 balls with 9-fours included, Brendon McCullum, scored 47 runs off 37 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included, James Franklin scored 34 runs off 22 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included, Craig McMillan scored 22 runs off 29 balls with 1-four and 1-six included, Jacob Oram scored 20 runs off 48 balls and Hamish Marshall scored 16 runs off 21 balls with 2-fours included.
- Ireland’s Kyle McCallan successfully picked up 2-wickets for 35 runs in 10 overs, Andrew White picked up 2 wickets for 45 runs in 10 overs, Dave Langford-Smith picked up 2 wickets for 41 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Boyd Rankin picked up 1 wicket and Trent Johnston picked up 1 wicket as well.
- Ireland scored 134 runs for all-out in 37.4 overs with Kevin O’Brien becoming the top scorer with 49 runs off 45 balls with 3-sixes and 2-fours included, Nial O’Brien scored 30 runs off 75 balls with 2-fours included and Eoin Morgan scored 15 runs off 37 balls with 2-fours included.
- New Zealand’s Danie Vettori successfully claimed 4-wickets for 23 runs in 8.4 overs, Shane Bond picked up 2-wickets for 18 runs in 5 overs, Jeetan Patel picked up 2-wickets for 32 runs in 7 overs with 1 maiden over included, and Jacob Oram picked up 1 wicket.
- Brendon McCullum and James Franklin’s eighth-wicket partnership greatly New Zealand to achieve a 129 runs win against their opponent.
- Peter Fulton became the Player of the match for scoring 83 runs off 110 balls with 10-fours included.