New Zealand vs South Africa 1st Semi-Final ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – New Zealand vs South Africa 1st Semi-Final ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The first semi-final of the ICC World Cup was played between New Zealand and South Africa in Auckland on the 24th of March. South Africa chose to bat first as they won the toss. The number of overs was reduced to 43 due to rain.
- South Africa scored 281 runs in 43 overs with 5 wickets down. Faf du Plessis became the top scorer with 82 runs off 107 balls with 7- fours and 1-six included. AB de Villiers scored 65 runs off 45 balls with 8-fours and 1-six included, David Miller scored quick 49 runs off 18 balls with 6- four and 3- sixes included and Rilee Rossouw scored 39 runs off 53 balls with 2- fours and 1- six included.
- New Zealand’s Corey Anderson successfully picked up 3-wickets for 72 runs in 6 overs and Trent Boult picked up 2-wickets for 53 runs in 9 overs.
- New Zealand successfully scored 299 runs in 42.5 overs as the rain-revised target was 298 runs from 43 overs. Grant Elliot became the top scorer with 84 runs off 73 balls with 7- fours and 3- sixes. Brendon McCullum scored 59 runs off 29 balls with 8- fours and 4- sixes included, Corey Anderson scored 58 runs off 57 balls with 6- fours and 2- sixes included, Martin Guptill scored 34 runs off 38 balls with 3- fours and 1-six included and Ross Taylor scored 30 runs off 39 balls with 4- fours included.
- South Africa’s Morne Morkel picked up 3-wickets for 59 runs in 9 overs, JP Duminy picked up 1-wicket and Dale Steyn picked 1 wicket as well.
- Grant Elliot became the Player of the match as he maintained an unbeaten streak of 84 runs off 73 balls with 7- fours and 3- sixes included.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC