New Zealand vs South Africa 41st Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
41st Match of ICC World Cup 2007: New Zealand vs South Africa
- The 41st match of the ICC World Cup was played between New Zealand and South Africa at St. George, Grenada on the 14th of April. New Zealand chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- South Africa scored a total of 193 runs in 50 overs with 7 wickets down. Herschelle Gibbs scored 60 runs off 100 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included, Ashwell Prince scored 37 runs off 57 balls with 2-fours included, Jacques Kallis scored 22 runs off 54 balls with 1-four and 1-six included, Shaun Pollock scored 21 runs off 26 balls with 1-six included, Andre Nel scored 17 runs off 17 balls with 1-four included and Mark Boucher scored 16 runs off 21 balls with 1-four included.
- New Zealand’s Craig McMillan successfully picked up 3-wickets for 23 runs in 5 overs, Shane Bond picked up 2-wickets for 26 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, James Franklin picked up 1 for 16 runs in 7 overs with 2 maidens over included and Daniel Vettori picked up 1 wicket for 10 50 runs in 10 overs.
- New Zealand successfully chased 196 runs in 48.2 overs with 5 wickets down. Scott Styris scored 56 runs off 84 balls with 4-four included, Stephen Fleming scored 50 runs off 84 balls with 6-fours included, Craig McMillan scored 38 runs off 55 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included and Peter Fulton scored 16 runs off 32 balls with 3-fours included.
- South Africa’s Andre Nel successfully picked up 2-wickets for 33 runs in 9.2 overs, Shaun Pollock picked up 1 wicket for 30 runs in 10 overs, Robin Peterson picked up 1 wicket for 39 runs in 7 overs and Makhaya Ntini picked up 1 wicket for 42 runs in 10 overs.
- Craig McMillan became the Player of the match as he scored an unbeaten 38 runs off 55 balls with 2-fours and 1-six included and picked up 3 wickets for 23 runs in 5 overs.