New Zealand vs West Indies 4th Quarter Semi-Final ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – New Zealand vs West Indies 4th Quarter Semi-Final ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The fourth quarter-final of the ICC World Cup was played between New Zealand and West Indies at Westpac Stadium on the 21st of March. New Zealand chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- New Zealand scored 393 runs in 50 overs with 6 wickets down. Martin Guptill made a massive 237 score off 163 balls and remained not-out. The score included 24- fours and 11- sixes. He became the first New Zealand batsman to score 200 plus runs in ODIs. Ross Taylor scored 42 runs off 61 balls with 2- fours included, Kane Williamson scored 33 runs off 35 balls with 5- fours included, Grant Elliott scored 27 runs 11 balls with 2- fours and 2-sixes included and Corey Anderson scored 15 runs off 16 balls with 1-fours and 1- six included.
- This was New Zealand’s third-highest score in ODIs and highest ever score against West Indies in ODIs.
- Martin Guptill became the second batsman to score double-hundred in World Cup and the first New Zealand batsman to score a double-century in ODI cricket history and overall the fifth player in ODIs. He scored 200 runs in 152 balls which became the fifth-fastest double-century in ODIs. His 237 became registered as the highest score by any batsman in World Cup history and the second-highest score by any batsman in ODIs.
- The 11 sixes hit by Guptill registered as second most sixes in an inning. The 11 sixes also registered as second most sixes for New Zealand in ODIs after Corey Anderson’s 14-sixes. Plus, he joined the position of seventh in the list of most sixes hit in an innings in ODIs.
- West Indies’ Jerome Taylor picked up 3-wickets for 71 runs in 7 overs and Andre Russell picked up 2-wickets for 96 runs in 10 overs.
- West Indies made 250 runs for all-out in 30.3 overs. Chris Gayle scored 61 runs off 33 balls with 2- fours and 8- sixes included, Jason Holder scored 42 runs off 26 balls with 5- fours and 2-sixes included, Jonathan Carter scored 32 runs off 39 balls with 4- fours and 1-six included, Marlon Samuels scored 27 runs off 15 balls with 3- fours and 1-six included and Darren Sammy scored 27 runs off 16 balls with 3- fours and 1-six included.
- New Zealand’s Trent Boult picked up 4 wickets for 44 runs in 10 overs with 3 maiden overs included. Daniel Vettori and Tim Southee each picked up 2 wickets. Corey Anderson and Adam Milne picked up one 1-wicket each.
- Martin Guptill became the Player of the match for displaying batting performance of 237 runs off 163 balls with 24- fours and 11- sixes included at the strike rate of 145.39 overs.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC