Pakistan vs Ireland 9th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
9th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Pakistan vs Ireland
- The 9th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Pakistan and Ireland at Kingston, Jamaica on the 17th of March. Ireland chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Pakistan scored 132 runs for all-out in 45.4 overs. Kamran Akmal became the top scorer with 27 runs off 47 balls with 4- fours included. Imran Nazir scored 24 runs off 47 balls with 4-fours included, Imran Nazir scored 24 runs off 51 balls with 3-fours included and Mohammad Yousuf scored 15 runs off 31 balls with 2-fours included.
- Ireland’s Boyd Rankin successfully picked up 3-wickets for 32 runs in 9 overs with 1 maiden over included, Andre Botha picked up 2-wickets for only 5 runs in 8 overs with 4 maidens over included, Kyle McCallan picked up 2-wickets for 12 runs in 5.4 overs with 1 maiden over included. Likewise, Trent Johnston, Kevin O’Brien, and Dave Langford-Smith each picked up wickets.
- Ireland scored 133 runs in 47.1 overs with 7 wickets included. Niall O’Brien scored 72 runs off 107 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included, Kevin O’Brien scored 16 runs off 52 balls with 2-fours included and William Porterfield scored 13 runs off 50 balls with 1-four included.
- With this, Ireland achieved their first victory in the tournament.
- Niall O’Brien became the Player of the match for scoring brilliant 72 runs off 107 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included.