Pakistan vs Zimbabwe 17th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
17th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe
- The 17th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Pakistan and Zimbabwe on the 21st of March in Kingston, Jamaica. Zimbabwe chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Pakistan scored 349 runs for all-out in 49.5 overs. Imran Nazir became the top scorer with 160 runs off 121 balls with 14-fours and 8- sixes. This was his 2nd ODI century. Inzamam-ul-Haq scored 37 runs off 35 balls with 2-fours and 3-sixes included. Iftikhar Anjum scored quick 32 runs in 16 balls with 2-fours and 2-sixes included, Younis Khan scored 28 runs off 31 balls with 1-four and 1-six included and Shoaib Malik scored 21 runs off 32 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included.
- Zimbabwe’s Elton Chigumbura successfully picked up 3-wickets for 50 runs in 6.5 overs with 1 maiden over included, Gary Brent picked up 3 wickets for 68 runs in 10 overs. Sean Williams, Tawanda Mupariwa, and Chris Mpofu each picked up 1 wicket.
- Zimbabwe scored 99 runs for all-out in 19.1 overs as they went to chase the rain revised target of 193 runs in 20 overs. Elton Chigumbura scored 27 runs off 11 balls with 4-sixes included. Stuart Matsikenyeri scored 18 runs off 25 balls with 3-fours included and Brendan Taylor scored 13 runs off 17 balls with 1-four included.
- Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi picked up 3-wickets for 20 runs in 4 overs, Umar Gul picked up 2-wickets for 10 runs in 5 overs, Danish Kaneria picked up 2-wickets, Mohammad Sami picked up 1-wicket and Mohammad Yousuf picked up 1-wicket. Mohammad’s wicket was his first ODI wicket.
- Imran Nazir became the Player of the match for scoring sensational 160 runs off 121 balls with 14-fours and 8-sixes included.