Scotland vs Sri Lanka 35th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – Scotland vs Sri Lanka 35th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 35th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Sri Lanka and Scotland at Hobart on the 11th of March. Sri Lanka chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- Sri Lanka scored a massive 363 runs in 50 overs with 9 wickets down. Kumar Sangakkara became the top scorer by making 124 runs off 95 balls with 13- fours and 4-sixes. This was his 25th ODI century and fourth century of the tournament. Tillakaratne Dilshan scored 104 runs off 99 balls with 10- fours and 1- six. This was his 22nd ODI hundred and 2nd century in the World Cup.
- Kumar Sangakkara and Tillakaratne Dilshan have now scored a century for 20th time performing together.
- Kumar Sangakkara became the first-ever player to score four consecutive centuries in ODI cricket history.
- The 363 run score was Sri Lanka’s highest score against Scotland and fourth-highest total in ODIs.
- Angelo Mathews scored 51 runs off 21 balls with 6- sixes and 1- four, Kausal Perera scored 24 runs off 13 balls with 2- fours and 2- sixes and Nuwan Kulasekara scored 18 runs 17 balls with 1- four and 1- six and remained not out.
- 51 runs off 20 balls by Angelo Mathews became the second-fastest half-century in the current World Cup edition.
- Scotland’s Josh Davey successfully picked up 3- wickets for 63 runs in 8 overs, Richie Berrington picked up 2 wickets, Alasdair Evans picked up 2 wickets, Rob Taylor picked up 1 and Matt Machan picked up 1.
- Scotland scored 225 runs for all out in 43.1 overs. Freddie Coleman became the team’s top scorer with 70 runs off 74 balls with 7- fours included. Preston Mommsen scored 60 runs off 75 balls with 7- fours and Richie Berrington scored 29 runs 22 balls with 2- fours and 2- sixes included.
- Sri Lanka’s Nuwan Kulasekara and Dushmantha Chameera successfully picked up 3 wickets. Lasith Malinga picked up 2 wickets, Tillakaratne Dilshan picked up 1 wicket and Thisara Perera picked up 1.
- Kumar Sangakkara became the Player of the match for sensational 124 runs off 95 balls with 12-fours and 4- sixes at the strike rate of 130.52.
Sri Lanka Innings Highlights
Scotland Innings Highlights
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Videos from ICC