South Africa vs Bangladesh 34th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
34th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: South Africa vs Bangladesh
- The 34th match of the ICC World Cup was played between South Africa and Bangladesh at Providence on the 7th of April. South Africa chose to bowl first as they won the toss.
- Bangladesh scored 251 runs in 50 overs with 8 wickets down. Mohammad Ashraful became the team’s top scorer with 87 runs off 83 balls with 12-fours included, Tamim Iqbal scored 38 runs off 59 balls with 6-fours included, Aftab Ahmed scored 35 runs off 43 balls with 2-fours and 2-sixes included. Mashrafe Mortaza scored 15 runs off 25 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included and Javed Omar scored 17 runs off 41 balls with 2-fours included.
- South Africa’s Andre Nel successfully claimed 5-wickets for 45 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Jacques Kallis picked up 1 wicket and Makhaya Ntini picked up 1 wicket as well.
- South Africa made 184 runs for all-out in 48.4 overs. Herschelle Gibbs became the top scorer as he scored an unbeaten 56 runs off 59 balls with 2-sixes and 1-fours included, Jacques Kallis scored 32 runs off 36 balls with 5-fours included, Shaun Pollock scored 17 runs off 41 balls with 2-fours included and Ab de Villiers scored 15 runs off 39 balls with 1-four included.
- Bangladesh’s Abdur Razzak successfully picked up 3-wickets for 25 runs in 9.4 overs with 1 maiden over included, Syed Rasel picked up 2-wickets for 41 runs in 10 overs, Shakib Al Hasan picked up 2-wickets for 49 runs in 10 overs and Mohammad Rafique picked up 1-wicket for 22 runs in 10 overs with 2 maiden overs included.
- Mohammad Ashraful became the Player of the match for scoring brilliant 87 runs off 83 balls with 12 fours included.