South Africa vs Ireland 24th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – South Africa vs Ireland 24th Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 24th match of the ICC World Cup was played between South Africa and Ireland on the 3rd of March in Canberra. South Africa decided to bat first as they won the toss.
- South Africa scored a massive 411 runs in 50 overs with 4 wickets down. Hasim Amla became the top scorer by scoring 159 runs off 128 balls with 16- fours and 4- sixes. This was his 20th ODI century. Faf du Plessis scored 109 runs off 109 balls with 10- fours and 1 six. This was Plessis’ 4th ODI century. Rilee Rossouw scored 60 runs off 30 balls with 6- sixes and 3- fours, and David Miller scored 46 runs off 23 balls with 4- fours and 2- sixes.
- Ireland’s Andrew Balbirnie scored 58 runs off 71 balls with 7- fours, Kevin O’Brien scored 48 runs off 65 balls with 3- fours and 1-six, George Dockrell scored 25 runs off 57 balls with 1- four and 1- six included, and Max Sorensen scored 22 runs off 19 balls with 3- fours and 1- six.
- South Africa’s Kyle Abbott successfully picked up 4- wickets for 21 runs in 8 overs, Morne Morkel picked up 3- wickets, Dale Steyn picked up 2 wickets and AB de Villiers picked up 1.
- The 201 run victory was South Africa’s biggest victory in terms of runs against Ireland and the 11th biggest victory in ODIs.
- The 411 run score was South Africa’s fourth-highest score in ODIs and the highest score against Ireland in ODIs. Likewise, this was the third time the South Africans scored 400 plus score in the year.
- Hasim Amla became the Player of the Match as he showed exceptional batting performance by scoring 159 runs off 128 balls with 16- fours and 4- sixes included.
South Africa Innings Highlights
Ireland Innings Highlights
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC