Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh 16th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
16th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Sri Lanka vs. Bangladesh
- The sixteenth match of the ICC World Cup was played between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh at Port of Spain, Trinidad on the 21st of March. Bangladesh chose to bat first as they won the toss.
- Sri Lanka scored massive 318 runs off 50 overs with 4 wickets down. Sanath Jayasuriya became the top scorer with 109 runs off 87 balls with 7-fours and 7-sixes included. This was his 24th ODI century. Kumar Sangakkara scored 55 runs off 56 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included, Chamara Silva scored an unbeaten 52 runs off 48 balls with 5-fours and 2-sixes included, Mahela Jayawardene scored 46 runs off 70 balls with 2-fours and 2-sixes included and Upul Tharanga scored 26 runs off 37 balls with 3-fours included.
- Bangladesh’s Mohammad Rafiq picked up 2 wickets for 48 runs in 10 overs and Mashrafe Mortaza picked up 2-wickets for 66 runs in 10 overs. Abdur Razak picked up 1 wicket for 86 runs in 10 overs.
- Bangladesh scored 112 runs for all-out in 37 overs as the target was set for 311 runs 46 overs. Mohammad Ashraful became the team’s top scorer as he scored 45 runs off 63 balls with 6-fours included and Habibul Bashar scored 18 runs off 47 balls with 2-fours included.
- Sri Lanka’s Lasith Malinga successfully picked up 3-wickets for 27 runs in 6 overs Chaminda Vaas, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Muttiah Muralitharan, Russell Arnold, and Farveez Maharoof each picked up 1-wicket.
- Sanath Jayasuriya became the Player of the match for scoring brilliant 109 runs off 87 balls with 7-fours and 7-sixes included.