Sri Lanka vs Bermuda 4th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
Fourth Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Sri Lanka vs. Bermuda
- The fourth match of the ICC World Cup was played between Sri Lanka and Bermuda at Port of Spain, Trinidad on the 15th of March. Sri Lanka elected to bat first as they won the toss.
- Sri Lanka scored massive 321 runs in 50 overs with 6 wickets down. Mahela Jayawardene became the top scorer with 85 runs off 90 balls with 6- four and 2-sixes included, Chamara Silva, scored 55 runs off 45 balls with 4- fours included, Upul Tharanga scored 30 runs off 47 balls with 2- fours and 1-six included and Sanath Jayasuriya scored 22 runs off 26 balls with 3- fours included.
- Bermuda’s Saleem Mukuddem picked up 2-wickets for 50 runs in 10 overs, Kevin Hurdle picked up 2-wickets for 61 runs in 9 overs, Lionel Cann picked up a 1-wicket and Dwayne Leverlock picked 1-wicket too.
- Bermuda made 78 runs for all-out in 24.4 overs. Lionel Cann became the team’s top scorer with 28 runs off 32 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included and David Hemp scored 14 runs off 18 balls with 1-four included.
- Sri Lanka’s Farveez Maharoof successfully claimed 4-wickets for 23 runs in 7 overs with 1-maiden over included, Lasith Malinga picked up 3-wickets for 10 runs in 5 overs with 2 maiden overs included, Muttiah Muralitharan picked up 2-wickets for 28 runs and Chaminda Vas picked up 1 for 3 runs.
- Sri Lanka’s 243-run victory was their largest victor in terms of runs in the World Cups and third-biggest victory in terms of runs in ODI history.
- Mahela Jayawardene became the Player of the match for scoring 85 runs off 90 balls with 6- fours and 2-sixes included.