Sri Lanka vs England 22nd Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
Cricket Highlightsz – Sri Lanka vs England 22nd Match ICC World Cup 2015 Highlights
- The 22nd match of the ICC World Cup was played between Sri Lanka and England at Wellington on the 1st of March. England decided to bat first as they won the toss.
- England made 306 runs in 50 overs with 9 wickets down. Joe Root became the top scorer as he scored 121 runs off 108 balls with 14- fours and 2- sixes included. This was his 4th ODI century. Likewise, Ian Bell scored 49 runs 54 balls with 7- fours included, Joe Buttler scored 39 runs off 19 balls with 6- fours and 1- six included, Eoin Morgan scored 27 runs off 47 balls with 2- fours and 1- six included and James Taylor scored 25 runs off 26 runs with 1- four and 1- six included.
- Sri Lanka’s Angelo Mathews picked up 1 wicket in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included. Likewise, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Rangana Herath, Thisara Perera, Lasith Malinga, and Suranga Lakmal each picked up 1 wicket.
- Sri Lanka successfully chased the target as they made 312 runs in 47.2 overs with only 1 wicket down. Lahiru Thirimanne scored 139 runs off 143 balls remaining not-out with 13- fours and 2- sixes. The player became the top scorer with his 4th ODI century. Kumar Sangakkara scored 117 runs for not-out off 86 balls with 11- fours and 2- sixes included. This was his 23rd ODI century. Likewise, Tillakaratne Dilshan scored 44 runs off 55 balls with 4- fours and 2- sixes included.
- Sangakkara scored his fastest ODI hundred as he had made 100 off 70 balls.
- England’s Moeen Ali picked up 1 wicket for 50 runs in 10 overs.
- Kumar Sangakkara became the Player of the match for showing a brilliant performance by scoring an unbeaten 117 runs off 86 balls with 11- fours and 2-sixes.
Copyright – Third Party Reference Inline Linking Embedded Video from ICC