Sri Lanka vs Ireland 45th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
45th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Sri Lanka vs Ireland
- The 45th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Sri Lanka and Ireland at St. Georges on the 18th of April. Sri Lanka chose to bowl first as the team won the toss.
- Ireland scored a low 77 runs score with all-out in 27.4 overs. Jeremy Bray scored 20 runs for all-out in 29 balls with 4-fours included, Dave Langford-Smith scored 18 runs for 21 runs with 2-fours and 1-six included, William Porterfield scored 17 runs off 51 balls with 1-four included and Boyd Rankin scored 7 runs off 17 balls with 1-four included.
- This was Ireland’s sixth-lowest score in World Cups and lowest in all ODIs.
- Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan successfully claimed 4-wickets for 19 runs in 5 overs, Farveez Maharoof claimed 4 wickets for 25 runs in 10 over with 3 maidens over included and Chaminda Vaas picked up 1 wicket for 18 runs in 5.4 overs with 1 maiden over include.
- Sri Lanka scored 81 runs in 10 overs with 2 wickets down. Mahela Jayawardene became the top scorer with 39 runs off 27 balls with 6-fours and 1-six included and Sanath Jayasuriya scored 24 runs off 20 balls with 3-fours and 1-six included.
- Sri Lanka’s 240 balls spare victory was a sixth-biggest victory in terms of balls remaining in the ODIs and the biggest one in the World Cups.
- Ireland’s Dave Langford-Smith successfully picked up 1 wicket for 29 runs in 3 overs and Body Rankin picked up 1 wicket for 36 runs in 4 overs.
- Farveez Maharoof became the Player of the match with 4 wickets picked up for 25 runs in 10 overs with 3 maidens included. The player maintained economy rate of 2.50.