Sri Lanka vs South Africa 26th Match ICC World Cup 2007 Highlights
26th Match of ICC World Cup 2007: Sri Lanka vs South Africa
- The 26th match of the ICC World Cup was played between Sri Lanka and South Africa at Providence on the 28th of March. Sri Lanka chose to bat first since the toss.
- Sri Lanka scored 209 runs for all-out in 49.3 overs. Tillakaratne Dilshan became the top scorer with 58 runs off 76 balls with 4-fours included. Russel Arnold scored 50 runs off 73 balls with 2-fours included, Kumar Sangakkara scored 28 runs off 38 balls with 4-fours included and Sanath Jayasuriya scored 26 runs off 27 balls with 4-fours included.
- South Africa’s Charl Langeveldt successfully claimed 5-wickets for 39 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included, Nakhaya Ntini picked up 2-wickets for 6 runs in 8 overs and Andrew Hall picked up 1 wicket for 33 runs in 9.3 overs.
- South Africa made 212 runs in 48.2 overs with 9 wickets down. Jacques Kallis scored 86 runs off 110 balls with 4-fours included, Graeme Smith scored 59 runs off 65 balls with 5-fours and 1-six included and Herschelle Gibbs scored 31 runs off 51 balls with 1-four included.
- Sri Lanka’s Lasith Malinga successfully claimed 4 wickets for 54 runs in 9.2 overs, Muttiah Muralitharan picked up 3-wickets for 34 runs in 10 overs, Chaminda Vaas picked up 1 wicket for 31 runs in 10 overs with 1 maiden over included and Sanath Jayasuriya picked up 1 wicket as well.
- Lasith Malinga became the second Sri Lankan bowler to claim a hat-trick in World Cups after Chaminda Vaas.
- Both Charl Langeveldt and Malinga became the Players of the match award as both showed brilliant performance. Langeveldt picked up 5 wickets for 39 runs in 10 overs with Lasith Malinga picked up 4 for 54 in 9.2 overs.